Sunday, January 4, 2015

week 9 Oct 20,2014

Oi, familia!!

Tudo bem? It's the end of week 9! I don't know where the time went this week. It went by really fast. Today I made 2 months in Cape Verde! This letter will probably be pretty short since I don't have a lot of news. This week has been a hard week for our area. Our investigators haven't been progressing and several members had relapses (there was a soccer game, cape verde vs mozambique and cape verde won so there were a lot of parties). I have never prayed so much in my life. Several of our investigators called us and said they didn't want to talk to us anymore. It was so devastating. Everything had been going well before that but for some reason they decided they didn't want to take any more lessons. It is really sad because we know the joy and happiness that they are loosing. 
I had a really cool experience in personal study this morning. I have been praying so hard for the Lord to help us with our area and I felt like my prayers were not being answered. Sister Ferreira and I were becoming frustrated with each other, a member lost his calling, and our investigator that was supposed to be baptized said she didn't want to talk to us anymore. I had a lot of long nights on my knees praying to be able to help these people. I felt really strongly that we should talk to our bishop. So sunday we met with him to talk about how we can help the ward. It went so great and he gave us several less actives that we needed to talk to. Afterwards I felt good. But later that night Sister Ferreira and I got into a small arguement. I felt horrible afterwards especially since I had been trying so hard this week to work hard and help her and our invesitgators. I felt like I had all these good desires but they weren't yeilding any results. Then this morning I read in D&C 112:10 which talks about how when we are humble the Lord will lead us by the hand and he will answer our prayers. It hit me so hard. I felt like Joseph Smith when he read James 1:5. I felt like I got hit by a bus. I know that when we are humble and accept the Lord's will he will guide us and answer our prayers. I have already learned so much on the mission and I've only been on the mission for 3 months. I can't imagine how much I will learn in the next 15. I'm so glad I have this chance to learn and to change. It has been such a blessing to me. 
I have a quick story about a less-active in our area. Her name is Rosa and she has three daughters and a son. She is amazing. We found her just by chance because she was selling clothes in front of her house and we stopped to talk to her. She is so funny. Everybody here says that they used to be members and we ask them if they were baptized and they say yes and we are like you are still a member! So she said that and we were like Rosa you need to start going to church! She agreed that she needed to change and she came with us to conference and the next week church and she came to church this week on her own! We were so proud of her. She has a lot of problems with her daughters though. She has a 16 year old that is really rebellous. She always comes out and yells at her mom when we are talking to her but her mom never gets mad or yells back. She is amazing. In gospel principles class in church yesterday we talked about the role of mothers and she cried. Everybody in the ward has a strong desire to help her. It's really cool. 
Well I hope you all are having a great week and you all better be really busy for not sending me letters. I love you all,
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown

P.S. The first picture is of Sister Ferreira when she accidently broke an egg at a members house, then of one of our investigators and her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment