Sunday, January 4, 2015

week 8 Oct 13,2014

Oi familha!!!

Wow I can't believe it is already pday again. I feel like the weeks are flying by. Mom, are you using that missionary calender that Julie gave you? I think its 64 more weeks haha. I got the package that you all sent me! I loved it. We all had a great time eating the laffy taffy and Sister Brock especially loved the jokes. Everything in it was great and I was so happy to get it. 
So this week was really crazy, sad, happy, and hard all at the same time. Monday night and Tuesday night were really good days with our lessons and contacting, and Wednesday we had zone meeting. The training was so good! Sister Valenzuela and Sister Brock talked about how the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't a step ladder. We aren't just trying to get them to the baptismal font. It is more like a circle and our investigators need to understand that repentance, the sacrament, and faith are super important even after baptism. I loved it and I feel like it's something we need to remember too as members. Thursday we had interviews with the President. I was so prepared. I spent all last week thinking of questions I wanted to get answered. It was so great. He asked me to give the opening prayer and I kind of froze up with my Portuguese but it was all good. We talked for about 30 minutes but it felt more like 10. Later on that day we went to go visit Sister Barros's family because her grandpa died. It was really sad. They were crying like how they cry in The Other Side of Heaven and I wasn't sure what to do so I just hugged her mom and said I would pray for them. They are some of the lucky ones though because at least they know about the Plan of Salvation. This week was really hard with deaths. Friday I went on divisions with Sister Valenzuela in her area and we visited a member whose hunsband had died. Her son died a couple weeks ago and then this week her husband. So sad! She is such a boss though! She said she knew she would see them again and that she wasn't super sad because God was helping her. She was awesome. 
But then Saturday morning at the end of personal study we got a text message from an unknown number saying that Sister Feirreira's grandma had died. We didn't know if it was a joke or for real so we called President Matthews and he said he would call her mom's stake president to see. It was really hard waiting because sister was crying and i didn't know what to do so we called Sister Barros's mom and she called Sister Feirreira's mom and it was true. Then the President called and said she could call her family. So we called her mom and she was able to talk to them. They weren't super sad because her grandma knew she was going to die so she gave them all instructions about her funeral and everything. They knew they were so blessed to be members and know that they would meet up again. 
So after that on sunday we went to church and the Mulstiens invited us to their house for lunch. Sister Mulstein made apple pie and it was soooo goooood. But afterwards we had to go teach and we were so full and the sun was sooo hot. It was pretty hard but we persevered. Sundays on the mission are the worst day of the week to teach. Nobody is at home and nobody wants to talk to the missionaries. So we just spent the whole day trying to contact people. Later on at the night we were just standing on a corner and asking everybody who walked by if they knew Maria. They all practically ran from us haha. One of them turned out to be really cool though. Her name is Kaita and she had her niece with her. She is studying at the university here and she is my age. We sat and talked for a while and her niece is really cute. She sang the ABC's in english and Happy Birthday. It was fun. We marked to teach her this week and i am excited.
Wow this letter is pretty long. I hope you all are doing well and like the pictures I sent! Have a great week and I'll talk to you next week!
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment