Tudo bem? Mode k bu sta? Tudo dred?
Well it's finally here... NATAL!!! I can't believe Christmas is this week! I'm so excited! Christmas on the mission has been so great. It has been so great to have the opportunity to serve people during this Christmas season. So novidades (news). I still don't have a companion. My daughter still hasnt gotten her visa and they haven't been able to find a mini to stay with me. This last week I went to the other sisters' area with them and taught a little then some sisters who are going to Fogo came. They haven't been able to get a boat yet because they are all full of people going to and coming from Fogo for the holidays. Sister Barbosa and I went out to teach two days and it was really great. She is so funny. After Sister Brock dies at the end of this transfer she will be the oldest sister on the mission. It was really great being able to teach in my area. I was worried about it. The party went well but I wasn't able to stay for very much of it. Friday the relief society got together to make decorations and I showed them how to make a snowman out of yarn. It was so fun and they were joking around saying it was the first snowman in Cape Verde.
Oh! And our mission Christmas party on Wednesday was so great! We made mint icecream to bring. Sister Corbett and I had a lot of fun with that. We used some doterra oil to make it minty but we accidently put a little too much in lol. So it ended up being really strong and didn't quite freeze all the way but it was still really good haha. Sister Matthews told us a really cute story about herself when she was little. She said her parents got her a record player and a disc that had the little drummer boy on it. She said she loved that song and played it all the time. One time she was listening to it and fell asleep. It caught on fire and her parent got there just in time to put it out. The disc was ruined and she was devastated. She was really sad and didn't know why. She always felt something super special when she listened to it and she couldn't get that feeling back. A couple years later she met with the missionaries and felt the same feeling she had felt when she listened to the record. A month later she got baptized. That was her conversion story and it was so powerful. She said one line in the song always stood out to her: when the little drummer boy says "I played my best for him and he smiled at me." I love that so much. When we truly "play our best for Him" He is so happy. I love hymn 202. My district sang it during the party. Beneath the hymn they have some scriptures. I really love the one in Psalms 95:6-7. It says "O come let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God;and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today if you will hear his voice." He really is the Good Pastor. He loves His sheep and desires everyone of them to come unto Him. Being able to help being to come unto Him during the Christmas season has been such an amazing experience. It has helped me to understand more the true meaning of Christmas. I invite you all to serve someone this Christmas.
I really wanted to write some letters to you all for Christmas but things have been crazy these last pdays with everything and I haven't had time to write them. I will still try to write though and hopefully they will get there by the end of January. I hope you all are doing well and have a great Christmas! I'm so excited to see you all in 3 days! I hope skype goes weill. I love you! XOXO
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment