Wow, Christmas was so great! It was so great to be able to talk to you and see your faces! Kaiden is so tall now and Sariah is getting so big. Kyle looked like he needed to shave. The time went by so fast and before I knew it the time was up. It was super great to talk to you all. I am glad that you all had a great Christmas. I had a great Christmas and I'm excited I will have the chance to have two on the mission because one just wasn't enough!
So we had the chance to buy presents for a family in our area and do a secret santa for them. I had a lot of fun picking out some presents for my recent convert and her family. Christmas morning Sister Brock and I got dressed and then left to deliver the presents. It was super fun to knock on the door and then run. We got a lot of funny looks from people but we were just laughing. When we left the presents at my family's door and headed down the mountain, they dad of one of my investigators called out to us and started talking to us. Then my recent convert's son came out and saw us. I was like darn! But it was still so fun. They told me thanks for the presents this week and I was like I have no idea what you are talking about and they just laughed. They are so great. Then we went back home and had some cinnamon french toast! After that we did studies then went to call. I was able to call Dad and it was so great talking to him! I was able to call him from this internet cafe close to our house. It was funny because everyone was staring at me and Sister Persence since she was speaking Africanse and I was speaking English. We had lunch at a member's house after that and it was so good. For dessert she made some cinammon pudding. It was soooo delicious. I think I might have to make some for you guys when I get back next year. At 5 we headed to the Thompson's house to do skype. Sister Brock and I went together. The connection was so great and it was awesome to see you guys! I especially loved Kasey's comment where he said he was getting good grades except in math because he didn't like his teacher. Then he paused and said "That's just an excuse. I need to try better at math." I thought that was so funny. He really has learned a lot. I'm worried that you all are going to be so different by the time I get back. Kaiden is going to be so tall.
I really can't even describe how amazing it was so serve people during this Christmas season. It really helped me to see (I know it sounds cheesey) the true meaning of Christmas. An apostle said it better. He said to have the true spirit of Christmas, we need to drop the last 3 letters so it says "the spirit of Christ." I love that and it is so true. When we serve other people everything seems so much better. Sister Persence was really sad because she didn't get anything from her family to open on Christmas. She has been having a really hard time because of her back too. I felt bad so I decided I wanted to give her a present secretly. She hasn't had time to buy souvenirs since she has only been on the mission 6 weeks but she is going home soon because of her back. I decided to give her a dress I had bought as a souvenir. At first it was really hard to part with the dress. I keep reasoning to myself that I could give her something else and that would be fine but I kept feeling that she would really love the dress. I wrapped it up and put it under the tree. Christmas morning she was really sad that she didn't have anything to open but when I said there was something under the tree she got so happy. Seeing her face when she opened her present and saw the dress gave me the best feeling ever. Even better that how I felt when I opened up the package I got. In true to the faith it says that sacrife is "giving up something we value for something of greater value." I feel like that was really true in my case. The feeling of serving someone else is always greater than serving yourself.
I love you all and miss you so much. I hope you have a great new year and send me lots of pics!!
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment