Welcome to the last pday of my training! It's true. Transfers will be this upcoming Sunday. I think I will probably stay in Monte Vermelho and Sister Ferreira will leave since she has more time here in Praia and this next transfer will be here last. It has honestly been so great to serve with her and she has been the best mom to me on the mission. I love her so much.
I got the package that you sent me!! I love it so much and I especially am looking forward to eating the nerds. Everyone has already called dibbs on which candy they want to share with me. I am really grateful for the mosquito repellant you sent me because Cabo Verde is cheia de mosquitos! My legs are getting eaten alive. I started dabbing on a little bit of the oregeno oil and so far it has helped pretty well. I let Sister Ferreira put some on the other day and it burned her legs a little haha. Now she wont even come near me when I am putting in on lol.
This week the work was really slow. Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was out of comission. I was too sick to go teach so I had to stay home and it was so boring. After the first couple days I wasn't gettting better and it was actually getting worse so Sister Matthews made me go to the doctor. It was a good thing I went because my cold had turned into a sinus infection and had almost turned into pnemonia. So they put me on antibiotics and gave me some other medicine too. It has helped and I'm starting to feel better although I still have a granny cough.
I love all the Halloween pictures that you sent me. Sariah looks so cute as a cat and Kara looks like Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. Halloween here was really good. It's not as big here as it is in America but they do celebrate it although it's a little bit scarier here. Some people get really serious. And they like to drink. When we got home Friday after teaching we bought these cute little Halloween cakes at the bakery across the street then we all dressed up as well as we could. I was a ghost, Sister Ferreira and Mendes were witches, Sister Valenzuela was a chola, Sister Brock was the Love Guru, and Sister Pitts was Whitney Houston. We took pictures and then told scary stories. It was a lot of fun.
So today I got my hair cut! It is a lot shorter because she had to take a lot of the dead ends off but it feels a lot healthier now. The water and the sun here is so bad for hair. I'm glad I grew my hair out before the mission otherwise I would be bald right now. I also got layers cut. It looks really good. We had to go to a Brazillian clear in Achada because the people from here don't know how to cut white people's hair. She was super nice though and my hair feels so light. She straightened it and I almost died when I looked in a mirror. I forgot what I look like when I actually do my hair.
It was really nice to receive emails from all of you and I'm so relieved you are doing well. Next week's email should be pretty interesting. Amo voces! Ate mais!
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment