Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week 13 Nov 17,2014

Oi familia!
Wow I cannot believe that it is the end of the first week of this transfer. I was litterally on my toes this whole week. I have never felt closer to the Lord and I have learned to rely on him so much. This week has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life but I have learned so much. Being senior companion has been really hard but also really great. Our area is doing well and we had some really spiritual lessons this week.
So we have some pretty interesting investigators right now. We have been teaching this lady named Santa and she is great. She has a lot of family problems though. I felt that we should start by talking to her husband so we marked a day to talk to them together. So Saturday we went there and he was sitting outside the house listening to musci really loud and drinking wine and coffee at the same time. We were kind of like ok and then started to talk to him. He was like no no no no not today sisters. Today was my birthday and I want to celebrate. I will go to church and listen to your message tomorrow but today I just want to drink. We laughed and then marked another day with him so that is Kintino. And we also have this other investigator, Helia, that is progressing great. She already know the church is true and wants to be baptised but she is going to move to Boston this month so we have to figure that all out. 
This week were are preparing Maria for baptism. Interesting story about her. She has been investigatiing the church for a long time now and she only couldnt be baptized because she had a boyfriend and she was breaking the law of chastity. One of the members here gave her to me as a reference and we talked to her last transfer. So at this point she had seperated from her boyfriend for like the 5th time but moved houses. We were hopig something would be different this time so we continued to pass by. She accepted a date and said she wasnÂșt going to go back to him because he said some really bad things to her (I wont repeat them to you) So this last week we had a lesson close to here house and I had the feling that we should pass by her house after. SO we went there and knocked. And knocked. And knocked. And she didnÂșt answer. I was like what is going on because I just had a feeling she was home so I listend at the door and heard something inside.  I called Maria and she answered. Then she opened the door but she was limping and crying. We asked her what happened and she dtold us she got in a fight with her boyfirend about breaking up and when she left he threw a rock at her and it hit her in the leg. It was a sharp rock adn cut her leg really deep. It was in danger of infection so she had to go to the hospital. But now she has a stronger convitction than ever that she will be baptized. She told us that she needs to do this so that Heavenly Father will help her. I worry about her but I know she is on the right path and the Lord will bless her.
Im sorry I cant send pictures this week because the internet cafe we usually go to didnt have computers open so we had to find another. If you could see the one we are at I think you would laugh so hard. Its pretty great. I love you all so much and hope you are doing well. Send me letters por favor!!
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment