It literally feels like it was p-day just a few days ago and here I am again! Everybody here says the beginning of your mission is the slowest part but if every week goes by as fast as this week then my whole mission will be over before I know it! Mom you said you have already marked 109 days on the calendar. I can't believe it's already been that long! Wow.
This week was really crazy. I wrote down what I wanted to write in my planner but I forgot my planner at our apartment so I'll try and remember. So this week I was able to get the jump drive with the music on it that you sent me to work and I was so nice having some music to listen to at lunch. I love the music that you put on it, especially the EFY soundtracks and the Josh Groban sound track. We all enjoyed having some new music to listen to this week.
I don't know if I told you about her already but we have this less-active we have been working with whose name is Edna. Her dad is a really strong member in Assomada but she doesn't get along with him very well and rebelled from the church. She still has a really strong testimony and goes to church sometimes. So last week her dad invited her to go to the temple in Hecife with him. She wanted to go but she doesn't want to go with him. We tried talking to her about it several times and her mom encouraged her to go to even though she isn't a member of the church. She still said no and we weren't sure she was going to change her mind. One night during planning we prayed about it and I felt inspired to review the Plan of Salvation with her. So we went there and started talking about it. It was really good and the Spirit was there strongly. At the end she was quiet and then she looked at us and said she wanted to go to the temple. We were so happy for her. So now we are going to prepare her to go to the temple. It will be a wonderful opportuinty for her and she will change so much during the one week they will be there.
So funny story, last night Sister Ferreira and I were heading to investigators house to get them to have a Family Home Evening at the Bishop's house. We walked past this bar/restaurant and then all of a sudden we hear someone yell, "Hey! Mormons!" We looked behind us and this group of guys sitting outside the bar were waving at us to go. We had no choice but to go because otherwise they would think we were stuck-up. We turned around to go there and this girl passed by us. She said, "They're drunk, don't go back there." We had no choice so we went but kept our distance. One of the guys said he wanted to go to our church (most of the drunk guys here say that but they never go) and then he asked me where I was from. I said Idaho and he and his friend actually knew where that was. They were drunk so we left some pass along cards with them and said we had to go and then left. As we were walking away I heard them talking and he said, "Idaho, that's the land of potatoes!" Hahaha. It's amazing to me that they even knew that.
It's starting to get colder at night here (75 degrees) and pretty much everybody is getting sick. It's still really hot during the day and it's hard for me to believe that it's already the end of October. I'm excited to see pictures of Sariah in her Halloween costume. This is the second Halloween in a row that I've missed. There is a store in the other sisters' area that sells some american food. I haven't been there yet but we are all going to go and buy some pumpkin cookie mix to make for Halloween. Sister Valenzuela only has 2 more weeks here. She is quase morte! 10 sisters die at the end of this transfer. We are going to be so short on sisters now. This next transfer should be a crazy one. I only have 2 more weeks left of training! I'm excited but also nervous. In 2 more weeks I won't be a greenie anymore.
I hope you all are doing great. Send me more letters and emails. I miss hearing from you all. Let me know if I can do anything to help you all out. Amo voces!
Com muito amor e saudades,
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment