Today is the first day of December! Can y'all even believe it? Dad said there is a foot and a half of snow in Island Park. Sister Brock and I miss the snow so much. How was your Thanksgiving? Send me some pics. How was Black Friday? Did you get some good deals? I almost have 5 months on the mission. I can't believe that. Time is going by so quickly here it's kind of scary. This week was great but also really crazy. Thursday we had divisions with the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Ferreira (my mom!) and Sister Brock. Sister Ferreira and Sister Barbosa stayed in our area and Sister Brock and I went to Tira Chapeu. It was really great. Everybody was gettting our names mixed up because they are so similar. We also had our Thanksgiving lunch. Sister Brock's mom sent her stuffing and gravy so we made mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing and chicken and pudding. It was so good. Last time when I was on divisions with Sister Valenzuela I got to know this investigator Filimina who is in the famous drumming group. She got baptized in October and Sister Brock and I taught her as a recent convert. She is so cute. She and this member that lives close to her house are planning on getting married and she was asking all these questions about marriage. It was so fun. I also met this member and her husband who was wearing a Utah State Swing Dancing Team shirt!! I dont know where he got it but it so funny seeing it here in Cape Verde.
Friday we had just sat down to do personal study in the moring when our phone went off. I went to go answer it and it was the President. I answered and he told me that he was going to be taking all the sisters out of Fogo because of all the ash in the air and that my mini was going home and I was going to be with Sister Lima until the end of this transfer. I was sad to see Sister Barbosa go but excited to serve with Sister Lima because she is muito legal!! She is from Sao Paulo Brazil and she is seriously so hilarious. We have had a lot of fun these last couple days. So Friday we were supposed to go talk to our baptism to make sure she was going to be baptized Saturday but when the Sisters got here they were so sick since they came on the boat. Sister Lima couldn't leave the house so we had to stay in the whole day. It was a little boring but it was all good. Saturday and Sunday we taught a lot to make up for it.
Today was a really great pday. SInce all the sisters from Fogo are here in Praia, we decided to have a Sister Picnic on the fake grass they have at the chapel in Achada Sao Phillipe. We made pizza and sandwiches and had chips and juice and pop. It was really fun. It was so great seeing Sister Netu again. She is so awesome and I can't wait until the day that we serve together.
So this week Kara is going to turn 21!!! I can't believe it. What are you guys going to do to celebrate? Is Sariah excited for Christmas? I can't wait to be able to skype you guys. I'm going to call one of the older couples and ask them if we can do it in their house. Tell everybody to email me every week! I love hearing from you guys. Also tell everybody to write Sunday so that I can print your emails off Monday morning and reply later.
Moroni 8:3
Um tem sadade de nhuos. (I miss you guys in creole!!)
Com muito amor,
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment