Hey! So they are giving us all 5 minutes to tell our family that we made it safe and sound. I loved talking to you all on the phone yesterday. I wish I could have had more time and that my calling card had worked better. Now you know for Kasey to send him one of those go phones with minutes pre-loaded onto it. The flight to Cape Verde was really long and we are all pretty tired but it was also really great. I had many opportunities to practice my portuguese. They definitely speak a lot faster than our teachers did in the MTC. I met one member named Ansen who was awesome. He is from Sao Vicente and served his mission in Cape Verde. He was such a big help to us in the airport and is just amazing. I already love it here. When we got here, it had just started raining for the first time all year. It was really humid and hot and I was worried but then they assured us that it's not always like that. Today the weather is beautiful and the city is amazing. The people are awesome and I know I will love it here. It's definitely a culture shock but it's a beautiful country. We get to go teaching with some sisters later today and get to our island assignments and meet our trainers tomorrow. I'll email you more next week for my pday. I love you all and miss you.
Com muito amor,
No comments:
Post a Comment