Thank you so much for the letters and the package that I got this week! I love the shoes mom and I gave Elder Couch the keychain. He was so happy and said to tell you thank you haha! The socks are awesome and really comfortable. I love the pair of black shoes so much that I'm thinking of sending them back to you before I leave for Cape Verde so that I can wear them when I get back from the mission. A lot of things have happened this week. I can't believe how fast it's gone by and how much happened. We leave for Cape Verde in only 15 days! So far the sickness in Africa hasn't made an impact on that but I've heard that if it spreads to Cape Verde then we might get reassigned. I really hope not because I'm so excited to go to Cape Verde and I love the people there so much. I don't have a lot of time to write today so I'm going to try to type quckly.
Wednesday was a hard day. Sister Huffaker decided to leave the MTC and go home. She said she felt like she wasn't ready to go to Mozambique and that she felt she was needed elsewhere. She told us Tuesday night at the devotional and I my heart nearly broke. I miss her so much but I'm proud of her for knowing what she needs to do. I know she felt the need to come here for 3 weeks just so she could help me. The devotional was really good. Remember how I said last time President Johnson spoke in our sacrament? And that he was under President Groberg in Tonga on his mission? Well Tuesday President Groberg spoke to us for the devotional. It was so good and we even got to see clips from The Other Side of Heaven which was real treat. I also hit my half way point last week. Tomorrow will be four weeks! It's crazy how fast time goes here. I also got my letter from Kara on wednesday! I loved the pictures and the drawings. I showed them off to my district.
Not much happened Thursday. Just more studying and teaching our investigators. Sister Yeater and I had planned on teaching Jose Luiz about the first vision and resoration but somehow we got to talking about living prophets? Jose Luiz was a little confused and I don't know how that applies to his life but he was interested in Joseph Smith because in Portuguse it's Jose Smith (super fun to say) and he was excited they had the same first name.
Friday we broke into August! Woohoo! We also had TCR which is where you teach people who speak Portuguese who are already members of the church. It was so cool. One of the people was taught was a sister who had served her mission in Cape Verde. We spent practically the whole time just talking about Cape Verde. Afterwards, Irmao Workman kind of got in trouble since we were supposed to have taught her haha. Oops. This next week we will do TRC through skype with people who are actually living in Cape Verde. I'm so excited but nervous! We also had really good lessons with our investigators on Friday. Charles has been trying to quit smoking but he hasn't really acted on that. We taught him about having faith in Jesus Christ and told him it was a big deal. He finally understood and the Spirit was there so strong. He said he would stop. Our teacher Irmao Staples thought it was really good because afterwards he pulled us aside and did a fist pump haha. He is so funny and I will really miss our teachers. I don't know what I will do without them.
Saturday our teachers started requiring that we speak only portuguese in the classroom. It's hard but I can already see how its helping my language to improve. Other than that it was just class and more class. We also found out that we are getting a new sister this week from Hawaii. She is going to Brazil and waiting on her visa. I can't wait to meet her!
Sunday was fast sunday here. I was expecting it to be a lot harder than it was but the spirit was really strong here and I didn't really feel hungry until i smelt dinner haha. We had a lot of meetings and mission conference was really good. I love hearing the presidency speak. They are awesome. I also finished reading the Book of Mormon. I started the second day I got here. I loved having the oppportuinity to read it cover to cover since I've been here. It has really made my testimony grow of it's importance. I incorage you all to pray before and after you read it and to write down a question you have or a doubt and I promise it will be answered. I know that we can recieve personal revelation through the Book of Mormon. We watched the movie Joseph Smith in Portuguese after the devotional and I was suprised by how much i understood. They spoke a lot faster than our teachers but I got about 60% of the words.
Yesterday was good and I loved getting the package! It made the day so much better. We got two more investigators so now we have 5. But we get to be investigators for each other so we will see how that goes. Our district goofs off a lot so I'm interested to see how well the elders can play their roles haha. During the nightly study block it rained here super hard! It was really coming down! The elders all ran outside and got drenched! Sister Bluker and I waited for it to calm down a bit then we went out too. It was so nice! The elders are so funny and they were dunking their heads in the gutters. We took some pretty sweet pictures so I'll send those with this email. It was nice to take a break for a bit and bond as a zone.
Other things from this week: Elder Couch, Sister Bluker, and I made up our own language. It's called Couchcanese and it's pretty sweet. Well I'm out of time. I love you all so much and I hope you are all doing awesome! I'm glad Kasey had a good time at Salmon. Did he get the letter I wrote him? And I'm glad Kaiden is feeling better. He had me worried. I hope my car is treating you good haha. I'm glad you are having a good summer. I'll try to write more next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment