Boa Tarde!!
Wow, the second week at the MTC is already over! I can't believe how fast the time is going! We have had such a great time here. That is so great that Kasey is having a good time up at Salmon and thank you Mom for sending him my letter. I hope Kaiden is feeling better. I look forward to getting that picture of Sariah. I love you all so much and miss you like crazy! Sister Huffaker bought a SD card reader from the book store and offered to let me use it today so I think I can get the pictures to work. I have so much I want to write but not enough time! The emotions are so crazy in the computer labs on pdays. The only sounds you can here is a lot of typing and sniffling. We all love hearing from our families.
If you are wondering what a typical day here at the MTC is like, it usually goes like this. At 6:30 we get up and have until 7 to get ready. From 7 to 7:45 we read our Books of Mormon in our district classrooms. Then we have breakfast. After breakfast we have class, usually with our teacher Irmao Staples, until 12:30. Then we have lunch until 1:15 where we return to the classroom and have more class, usually with Irmao Workman or Irmao Chamberlein. At 4:15 we go to our gym period and then have dinner at 5:45. At 6:30 we head back to the classroom for personal study, companion study, and more language study. At 9:30 we return to our residence and have to be in bed by 10:30. The weird thing about the MTC is that the days seem to take forever but the weeks fly by!
I got the letter from Gram so thank you Grandma! I hope you got my letter in return! I love hearing from y'all. Elder Mendenhall gets the cutest letters. He let me read the letter he got from his nephew and it was so cute! His nephew draws him the cutest pictures. I told him to tell his nephew to write me too haha.
I love seeing all the people I know from Hillcrest and Utah State here. I've seen Sister Randall, Elder Daynes, Elder Wilcox, Sister Griffin, Sister Richardson, Sister Benson, and Sister Henderson. It makes my day and we always chat about the most amazing things.
Sister Yeater and I finished teaching Geraldo. He committed to be baptized, Woo-hoo! He is seriously the best and I will miss teaching him. We have two new investigators right now though and we will be getting a third one next week when Irmao Chamberlein returns from his fishing trip. Cornelio and Charles are both awesome investigators. Their questions are so deep and they love learning about the gospel. Charles comes from a background similar to mine and I feel like I really connect with him. I am so proud of myself because I can understand Portuguese pretty well now! Now all I have to do is get better and speaking it! The teachers here are so awesome and I'm so thankful they take the time to come teach us.
I am so thankful for all the missionaries in my zone too. All four of us sisters get along really well. Sister Bluker is from New Caldonia and speaks French. We practice together sometimes we get overwhelmed with the Portuguese. She is so amazing. She takes to Portuguese like a fish to water. She knows French, English, Spanish, and now Portuguese. It's fantastic. Sister Huffaker is from Spanish Fork and she is the sweetest. She is Sister Training Leader here and is so good at it. She is so friendly and caring and the best. The elders in my district crack me up. We have the best conversations. Elder Mendenhall, Elder Wallace, Elder Clegg, and Elder Gilbert are all in my district. (I can't remember if I told you that before or not) When we get overwhelmed with all the studying we come up with raps about the MTC. Elder Heald and his companion Elder Wooley from one of the other districts are so funny. We get some good raps going. I'll have to video one of them and send it to you.
Today we lost another two elders. Elder Black was reassigned to the New York North mission until he gets his visa because his six weeks were up. Elder Jardine, who just came in this last wednesday, got his visa and is headed to the Brazil MTC. I will miss them so much! It's so sad because you get to be super close even though it hasn't been that long. I've heard that tomorrow we will be getting two new elders in again.
Sunday's devotional was so amazing! It was by T.C. Christensen, who has worked on so many lds films, my favorites being Ephraim's Rescue and 17 Miracles. It was such a great devotional.
I love being in the MTC and every day is such an amazing experience. I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father. I miss you all and I'll be looking forward to the package! I'll be sure to share the gummy worms with the elders! Amos Voces!
Com Amor,
Sister Brown
District 69E - me, Elder Wallace, Elder Mendenhall, Elder Clegg, and Sister Yenter
The girls in our room left so many pringles. This picture is for my brother Kaiden ( he loves pringles)
Sister Tenorio and I
All us sisters before they left. Sis Avarell, me, Sis Tenorio, Sis Huffaker, Sis Huffaker, Sis Bluker, Sis Bishop
Sister Tenorio and I
Sis Briggs, Sis Jones, and I (they were in my ward in USU)
most of our zone with the second counselor of our branch and his wife on our Sunday walk
Sis Tenoio and I
Sis Huffaker, Sis Bluker, Sis Yeator, me, Elder Bratsman, and Elder Black
Sis Henderson and I
Most of our zone (69) in front of the Provo temple
me, Sis Huffaker, Sis Bluker and Sis Yeater
All us sisters with Branch Pres Brough
Elder Bratsman, Elder Black, me, Sis Huffaker, Sis Bluker
me and Sis Randall (from Hillcrest)
All us sisters with some elders Sis Huffaker knows
Sister Yeater and I with Iramo Staples
Show message history
No comments:
Post a Comment